Ride Height and Lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could use some input.

2014 SCREW, 33k miles.

From ground to the bottom center of the fender flare (front end only):

Passenger side: 40.5"
Driver side: 40"

1/2 tank of gas, no mods or additional weight in the truck.

Is a 1/2" difference normal for these trucks? And is that right height sound about right?

I started eyeing up the truck a couple months ago and said, I swear it looks like its leaning, and finally had a chance to measure it.

Last edited:

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine off this morning to have the rebuilt shocks put in and Geiser progressive springs. 2012 with 62k. My front matched at 39 13/16, but the rear one side was at 43.5 and the other 44. I’ll be taking new measurements tonight.

Sent from my Raptor using Tapatalk.

OP
OP
S

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine off this morning to have the rebuilt shocks put in and Geiser progressive springs. 2012 with 62k. My front matched at 39 13/16, but the rear one side was at 43.5 and the other 44. I’ll be taking new measurements tonight.

Alright thanks.

When you take them, let me know exactly where you took the measurements from so I can match them exactly.

Also, you're getting yours rebuilt? I haven't noticed any leakage or any signs of failure on my shocks, but should I have any concern that our ride heights are relatively close?

This is my first truck, so you'll have to forgive me for the obvious.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measured from the bottom of the fender in the center to the ground.

The shocks were rebuilt because they had definitely exceeded their service life and my ride was deteriorating quickly.

I agree with Truckzor. I was surprised they were that close in the front.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came up to 41” on both fronts with the new springs. I’ll be taking pictures tonight of the shocks that came out.