Replacing my rack... Hehe... rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just swung thru a buddy's shop this afternoon when I was getting some knocking/pop when I was steering to the right at about 5-10 degrees I feel it when turning at a very low speed or stopped ... He said everything looks good so it might be the rack...

I called ford they can have one in about 4 days and it's about 950 bucks... Effen great that is coming out of my suspension funds :(

Should I just go and order this or is there anything else I should be looking at ? That may be stronger ... I plan on taking more of these kinds of pics thru the summer
unyju2ug.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Red Head Steering Gears? I'm looking for something more better Han stock. Mine has had some play for a long time. Dealer refused to warrant it because I had aftermarket tie rods.

6.2 - Power To Do More

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Red Head Steering Gears? I'm looking for something more better Han stock. Mine has had some play for a long time. Dealer refused to warrant it because I had aftermarket tie rods.

6.2 - Power To Do More

Find a different dealer. Huck and I have had racks covered with aftermarket tie rods.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Reaction score
Building a custom rack slider is the only thing i have seen that has ever strengthened a rack without extensive teardown and small parts replacement.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure a way to get some kind of a support or bigger bushing into the drivers side of the rack. That's the side that always wears out first.
The last two "new" racks I've purchased from ford were already sloppy there out of the box.

It'd be nice if somebody came up with a parallel support rack. We've got enough bump stop kits already, lol !

Last edited: