Rear suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yamahauler16

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a question about the rear leaf spring setup on our trucks.

Anyone have any idea what the lateral movement front to back of the axle as it cycles? 1"? 3"? Really only interested in how far back it will go fully compressed.

I have Deaver +2's. The reason I ask is I stuffed my 37 inch bfg under the truck and everything fits but it is close to the diff at ride height. Probably 2" of clearance. I really don't want to have to store this in the bed but I may not have a choice, definitely don't want to slam the axle into the spare and ruin the bed or something stupid.

Thanks in advance for the information if you have it.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think that if you have 2" of clearance, you should be fine. Even if the differential did hit your spare, I don't see it causing any damage. If your really worried, you could put some weight in the bed and see what happens.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have the stock bumper and or hitch? If so, it will hit. We relocate the trailer hitch up and rearward for the 37's to clear.