Rear Block and Perch Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desert Storm

Reaction score
Okay so I want to get a little more lift on the truck. I currently have a 2 inch leveling kit in the front with the shocks at stock perch. I want to add a bigger rear block in the back and bump up to mid or top perch while leaving the leveling kit on to hopefully fit 37s. Has anybody had experience with a larger rear block or with using a leveling kit and perch adjustments together?

Thanks.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And remove the level kit...someone post up the picture of the broke shocks due to level kit. I can't find it.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take off your leveling kit and just do mid perch of top perch if you really really want to. Leave your block alone. Leveling kits are the worst thing you could do to the truck anyways and adding the extra stress of more lift will only destroy everything faster. I had a 1" block in the rear instead of the factory 2" or 2.5" and mid perch for a long time with my 37's before I got all new suspension. I also do a lot of off roading and never have had an issue. Of course some trimming is required.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I strongly suggest removing the leveling kit or you will cause damage over extended use at full droop. Do not go over mid perch or you will experience issues with your IWE's engaging and lose 4 wheel drive ultimately. As for the rear, I'd suggest new leaf springs to raise ride height. Deaver +3's will add 1" and +5's will give you 2"-2 1/2".

You can fit 37's for street driving with little to no trimming, but if you plan to do even moderate off-roading you'll need to hammer the pinch welds, cut your stock flares and fenders or purchase after market front fenders.

Level kits and blocks are no good if you want to retain function.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon has new rear leafs with a high arc and add a leaf that will give you about 2" lift. Got mine at TRR, very nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk