Raptor stance height change??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoxman

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2012 Raptor.. Front set at mid-perch.
Every time I pull next to a 2013 or 2014 Raptor, I'm sitting lower than they are...
What has changed?? Suspension? Tires?

How have they been modified?

Thanks!
Sheldon

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Must have been modded, went and looked at two 13's this weekend and where normal stock height and sat lower than mine on mid-perch

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hox, I think we first need to address your lack of self esteem when it comes to comparing your Raptor to others. Repeat after me....I am as tall as they are, I am as tall as they are, no one is taller than me, no one is taller than me.... lol

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know your measurements and maybe we can see if he actually has a spring/suspension problem

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hox, I think we first need to address your lack of self esteem when it comes to comparing your Raptor to others. Repeat after me....I am as tall as they are, I am as tall as they are, no one is taller than me, no one is taller than me.... lol

Thanks................ made me laugh out loud first thing in the morning!!!:ROFLJest:

OP
OP
H

hoxman

Reaction score
Thanks!

First, thanks for the replies. I have worked on my self-esteem issues and feel better about the whole situation.

Now.. I did take my truck to a local Ford dealer and parked it next to a 2014 Raptor. It was almost the same height, but still a little off, more so in the front and its stance....
So, I looked at the front shock and low and behold I saw a perch ring, meaning it was set on mid-perch. Also, it had a brand new tire on it.

I had a set of 35" Toyo Open Country MTs come in for replacement of my BF Goodrich stock tires (I tried 37s but they wouldn't fit in the wheel well with turning fully left or right unless I cut part of the body - didn't want to do it)..

I had them scheduled for install the next day and went back to the dealer and now my raptor is taller than theirs... LOL

So, the Raptor the dealer had was set on mid-perch. I had to bring mine up to mid perch setting. After your posts, I did take it in to the dealer to be sure my suspension wasn't sagging...

Lastly, I found the guy who's truck I initially saw that was taller and he is still a bit taller, so I asked what mods he had done. He is at top perch, had some mods to wheel wells and has 37s and changed his suspension... He told me the name (I think he said ADD Off road)...
So, the mystery is solved... I'll keep my stock wheel well and 35s, keep mid-perch setting and keep stock suspension....For now!

Thanks again for your posts... and therapy session... LOL