Raptor Payload!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeUAE

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I understand Raptor has a max payload capacity of 1180 lbs. That is for the SuperCrew, mine is 2014 SuperCrew. It kinda strange why would Ford has such a low spec on the payload capacity for the Raptor.

I understand that this topic has been discussed here in the past, however, the reason I am posting this is to check if anybody found a solutions, ideas, or workaround to increase the payload capacity.

Please share your experiences, all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Upgraded springs would be a good start but no one is going to recommend you carry more than the recommended load. You might not be concerned with the legal aspect in UAE. I've resolved the lower payload rating by utilizing a properly balance trailer. Idk what a bed full of mulch weighs but I do know it'll make her squat pretty bad.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ford built a off roader not a hauler , want to haul , buy something else or install new springs and do both :)

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget about the load rating for the tires when considering loading up. These trucks weren't designed to be super duty work trucks. A half ton is just that. Barely.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I agree with pretty much all the above answers, the raptor is not a hauler, a soft off road suspension does not translate well when hauling or towing, although even in stock form the raptor is not bad by no means.

With that said, even when loading up the bed with max payload, a stock raptor sags beyond what I would consider acceptable, nearly riding on the stock bump stops.

A solution would be some leafs such as the deaver +3 and the SVC ABS bump stop system that is put into the "tow/haul" position. Many people are running this combination when hauling they're campers and toy trailers, but would work just as well to increase payload as well.