Raptor Community - Stock 2.5 shock rebuild exchange program.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I have signed up twice over the last year to get a set of exchange shocks...got a message saying have I received my shocks... returned message saying I have never received anything. I give up. My shocks were blown over a year ago & driving now is completely dangerous...back end hops around like driving on ice. This was all of 20kmi after SDHQ rebuilt them & just driving on the road. Living in Louisiana, it cost me a small fortune to have them rebuild them. So my question...where is the closest place to me that can rebuild them correctly?

I just got my shocks put on from GJ Motorsports up in Chicago. They responded right away and had shocks ready to go in a weeks time. They do the exchange just like the other guys. Shipped to me in a couple days with a prepaid label to ship my shocks back. Truck rides like a brand new truck now and they claim to stand behind their work...hopefully I won’t have to test that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Verruckt

Reaction score
Just a heads up, if anyone needs their shocks rebuilt I'd be more than happy to do them :biggrin:

I'm in FL.

Any option the other re builders have I can do as well.

Just did mine so if anyone is interested just send a PM. I'm working on acquiring used ones to start up an exchange program.

moosejaw

Reaction score
Just a heads up, if anyone needs their shocks rebuilt I'd be more than happy to do them :biggrin:

I'm in FL.

Any option the other re builders have I can do as well.

Just did mine so if anyone is interested just send a PM. I'm working on acquiring used ones to start up an exchange program.

Where are you in Florida. Mine need to be replaced.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** UPDATED******
Make sure to like and follow our crazy gang on the ROC Facebook: and Instagram As noted in the thread, I am no longer the lead on doing the rebuilds as I have a new addition to the family and well family comes first.

For those of a DIY nature, this is where the whole shock party started.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/diy-stock-raptor-2-5-shock-rebuild-43929/

For those who wish to learn how to rebuild your shocks, you can PM me and we can schedule a time to rebuild them. ROC shop space is near Roseville CA. Or if you need remote assistance let me know and I will do what I can.

Raptor Offroad Community Shock Exchange Program - moved

The company Forged Offroad is now running what was the ROC exchange program. The staff of Forged were from ROC and left to start their own business.

To be on the list - go to Forged Offroad – We Rebuild Shocks – Specializing in Ford/Fox Raptor Shocks

How are you pressing out the OE bushings? Special fixture, special press bed plate? I'm just short of drilling the rubber and taking a dremel to the metal.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are you pressing out the OE bushings? Special fixture, special press bed plate? I'm just short of drilling the rubber and taking a dremel to the metal.

5 ton press from harbor freight. Pipe cut to just fit and plates to push on.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For anyone interested. I have a set of 9 out of 10 condition shocks that Forged will rebuild as part of exchange program. I am asking $600 and can drop them off and they will rebuild them and send you that set to exchange with yours.

If interested PM me.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's the going rate to rebuild/replace seals, internals if necessary. This is my second set so I wont need to exchange them. They don't need to look good again, Western NY salt is just gonna shit them up.