Raptor Community - Stock 2.5 shock rebuild exchange program.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, flutter stack is great. I've noticed a greatly improved ride over the washboard roads. Is it normal for the shocks to have a little oil seep out? The set I had originally didn't leak except for one when they were ready for a rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you like the flutter stack? That's the direction I'm leaning when I send mine in.

In a nutshell yes absolutely worth doing it.
However I feel that "single hits" are firmer over stock. In other words, if you are going down a road and hit a sharp 1-2" bump...that will be stiffer. Bigger bumps and g outs are identical. Its a small little difference and the positives definitely out weigh this...but with shocks there is always a compromise.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, flutter stack is great. I've noticed a greatly improved ride over the washboard roads. Is it normal for the shocks to have a little oil seep out? The set I had originally didn't leak except for one when they were ready for a rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely normal for a little oil as those areas trap it. As long as it not an abnormal amount.

Last edited:

Hopscotch

Reaction score
Had my shocks on for about a week now with flutter and stage 2. Feels way better than my blown out shocks, obviously. The flutterstack makes rough, choppy roads feel pretty smooth whether it's dirt or pavement. Stage 2 seems to be helping a lot with the harder hits while offroading. Pretty smooth landings off a few small jumps. Even felt good dropping into a small washout, bottoming out, then rebounding out of it (did that a few times, it was fun).

And highway driving is really smooth.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my shocks on for about a week now with flutter and stage 2. Feels way better than my blown out shocks, obviously. The flutterstack makes rough, choppy roads feel pretty smooth whether it's dirt or pavement. Stage 2 seems to be helping a lot with the harder hits while offroading. Pretty smooth landings off a few small jumps. Even felt good dropping into a small washout, bottoming out, then rebounding out of it (did that a few times, it was fun).

And highway driving is really smooth.

Agreed,such an awesome service! I've had stage 1 valving/flutter stack for a little bit now ad well. The turnaround time was crazy fast. Thanks to everyone that has made this program possible!

Glad you guys are happy with the shocks/service! Love hearing that you took them and "tested" them out thoroughly. :biggrin:

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score