Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

RADFLO Shocks

This is a discussion on RADFLO Shocks within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
I have done a lot of reading since I bought 13 raptor. It appears that if the front end is ...

User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default RADFLO Shocks
I have done a lot of reading since I bought 13 raptor. It appears that if the front end is lifted more than 1" the front end has pre-mature wear at an expo sited rate. This would be with leveling kit, fox 3.0 or king 3.0 that lift the truck 2" in the front. From what I've red our trucks are maxed out for the front end geometry to function properly.

Here is the question RADFLO makes a true 2.5 remote reservoir shock that will only lift the front end a 1/4 to 1/2 from stock height. They are also 1/2 the cost of the fox and king 3.0 that everyone seems to be having front end problems with. Has anyone used them? Please advise.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Last edited by cajthaml123; 04-02-2014 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
cajthaml123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

People are having front end premature wear problems with 3.0s? When did this start? Going to mid perch lifts the front end more than an inch and I haven't heard of anyone having problems with that, and I guarantee mid perch is cheaper than new shocks that only lift your truck half an inch and probably don't have 1/10th the development and tuning time invested in them

Cleave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

He might be referring to front drive axle and IWE wear.

The aftermarket shocks, fox, icon, king are adjustable. You can maintain stock ride hight if you wish. How ever, most run them set higher.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I can't seem to find difinitive information that if you do the mid perch you are guaranteed to increase parts wear. Have I missed something or is this still just supposition?

LEADING AMERICA FROM THE BACK OF THE LINE
mudblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

You will have more wear even on mid perch versus totally stock... But more wear means at 50k to 100k miles expect front CV issues... Of course it is dependent on your use of 4 wd and how much you use it on hard pavement. Its only going to wear if the 4wd is engaged.. If you never use 4wd then expect no wear no matter what lift you use..

Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass. My biggest fear running out of ammo
Icecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

Thats why '10s and 11's rule...don't have this issue.
vanilla_gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Originally Posted by vanilla_gorilla View Post
Thats why '10s and 11's rule...don't have this issue.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)

Keep your stupid cooled seats...
vanilla_gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Read the three sticky's under suspension. Everyone claims that lifting the truck more than 1" will cause front end problems due to increases geometry of the front end drive trane. I've never heard or seen 2" do this to a truck my post was just to see if anyone has bought the RADFLO shocks as they are almost the same as the stock height and will allow the geometry of the front end to remain almost the same as stock. I was told it will only lift the truck 1/4"
cajthaml123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I just don't think you'll find any benefit from downgrading the quality of your shocks, nor will you visually see much of a difference from stock ride height, definitely not enough to justify purchasing new shocks, but that's still just my opinion

Cleave is offline   Reply With Quote