Questions about rebuilding factory fox's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After this weekend I can say for sure that my factory shocks need to be rebuilt, truck is bouncy going down the road and all the tell tale signs of bad shocks. Soooo I talked to Jason@SDHQ earlier and got a price on everything he says I need for the rebuild, but my question now is what are my other options other than full replacement? Revalving? I want to do some different springs soon but I'm on a small budget right now (under $500) so what are my options? What would y'all do?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'm going to be looking into a revalve of my front shocks in the near future so I'm interested in this as well.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the fox building that made all the shocks for the raptors is right down the street from me. about 1 1/2 miles. maybe i should stop in......

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm interested as well but I don't like the idea of sending them cross country for a rebuild especially since this is my daily driver. Downtime needs to be less than 3 days. Yea I could probably live with 5 days at the most.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm interested as well but I don't like the idea of sending them cross country for a rebuild especially since this is my daily driver. Downtime needs to be less than 3 days. Yea I could probably live with 5 days at the most.

I have a ton of Factory fronts around the shop that are in great shape. If you want, send me a pm and I can get them out to you. That way you don't have down time. As far as changing the spring rates, keep in mind depending on the spring, valving might need to be changed to control the extra or reduced rate.

Jarrett

loki_13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ton of Factory fronts around the shop that are in great shape. If you want, send me a pm and I can get them out to you. That way you don't have down time. As far as changing the spring rates, keep in mind depending on the spring, valving might need to be changed to control the extra or reduced rate.

Jarrett

This sounds like your best bet. That is cool that you guys would do that for him.