Question for those with front ICON 3.0's

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I noticed the the factory braided brake lines on the drivers side is so close to the ICON reservoir hose and metal fittings that it looks like its starting to rub itself through it.

How are you keeping this away? I am concerned that eventually it will make a hole and will loose all the shock fluid. I put some black electrical tape but that is no fix.

9f9220cab5d2fe9eec247c424bec2728.jpg

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grab the steel line before the braid and bend it so that there's no longer interference.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Grab the steel line before the braid and bend it so that there's no longer interference.

Thanks. I was afraid the brake hard line wouldn't have that much give to do that and was concerned that I might do more harm than good. Is this a common issue with ICON's or is it an installation issue?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is the same way. I got a few chunks of 3/8s rubber fuel line, cut one side and slipped it around the brake line and zip tied the ends to help hold it in place. It was a quick fix at the time but it's been like that for a few years with no issues. I check it frequently just to make sure the rubber line is still ok.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I was afraid the brake hard line wouldn't have that much give to do that and was concerned that I might do more harm than good. Is this a common issue with ICON's or is it an installation issue?

Neither really, you're just overthinking this.
No clearance= make clearance. Done.

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
black spiral wrap works good too….i have some on my reservoir hoses, they like to rub on the bottom of the coil bucket….(fox's anyway)…

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Spiral Cable Wrap Loom - Black

works good on the rear end loom and hoses also…..