please help, cant get 3.0 fox shocks in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
im installing the 3.0 coil overs

these shocks are a pain.... im putting the top of the shock in first into the hat with the hose facing towards the foward of the truck. when i go to put the bottom of the shock into the lca it refused to go in no matter how hard i try.. am i suppose to use any of the stock spacers at all? or do i just toss them. any techniques that could help?

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im installing the 3.0 coil overs

these shocks are a pain.... im putting the top of the shock in first into the hat with the hose facing towards the foward of the truck. when i go to put the bottom of the shock into the lca it refused to go in no matter how hard i try.. am i suppose to use any of the stock spacers at all? or do i just toss them. any techniques that could help?
Disconnect tie rod, sway bar link, uca from spindle, brake line from spindle. This should drop the lca enough to slide in the bottom mount. Make sure u support the lca so it doesn't put stress on the cv axle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
14961066181631933788645.jpg

as u can see from the pics i got all 3 upper bolts in everything disconnected but the bottom of the strut is all catty cornered. i can get it up and over the lca but cant get the metal pieces to line up with the holes in the lca. ive tried putting in the other shock with no luck, also made sure it was bolted on right

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 88817

as u can see from the pics i got all 3 upper bolts in everything disconnected but the bottom of the strut is all catty cornered. i can get it up and over the lca but cant get the metal pieces to line up with the holes in the lca. ive tried putting in the other shock with no luck, also made sure it was bolted on right
I'm assuming you didn't tighten up the top 3 bolts...they should be really loose so you can manipulate the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FordraptorHero

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS i got the ******* in, but now i need to manipulate the hose in order to mount it on the frame, not sure if i can loosen and tighten the nuts on it without losing psi or damaging the shocks.