Perch vs Leveling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading around on multiple websites trying to figure out the best way to go in terms of performance. I put my Raptor through some pretty hard stuff almost every weekend and with that being said which is the safest and best way to go?

I want the leveled out look but I don't want to sacrifice performance or any other issues whatsoever. So what would you guys recommend? Adjusting to the top perch or just buying the Daystar leveling kit?

Any feedback and comments would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
top perch would put the front a little higher than the rear IIRC. The middle will be a little lower than the rear. Do the middle and throw a few sandbags in the bed...handled!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your probably going to get a lot of opinions, but most will say perch mod and I agree. Either way you're not going to hurt anything on the truck. The spacer gives you a little more ground and fender clearance on full compression. I wouldn't do both, seems a little extreme.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I went middle then went back to stock later...that's the good thing about the perch adjustment

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the Truxxx kit and have nothing bad to say. Also you can take it off and go back to stock if you want. I dont know about others here but with my kit the alignment is back to 100% and My mud grabbers are wearing perfectly

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
with the perch mod you will have negative camber that you can't adjust, and the preload in the springs gives a sensation of harshness over bumps...that's the only bad things. the leveling kits will allow the upper arm to hit the springs on full droop if i recall correctly?

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the perch mod you will have negative camber that you can't adjust, and the preload in the springs gives a sensation of harshness over bumps...that's the only bad things. the leveling kits will allow the upper arm to hit the springs on full droop if i recall correctly?

That's peculiar?? My camber adjusted just fine. Perch mod all the way IMO.

FSM

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
That's peculiar?? My camber adjusted just fine. Perch mod all the way IMO.

FSM

our trucks don't have adjustments for camber ? i mean my camber was still within tolerances but not by much...

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our trucks don't have adjustments for camber ? i mean my camber was still within tolerances but not by much...

Bird, I hope I didn't insert foot in mouth here. The alignment sheet came home with my wife who works for a GMC dealer and their alignment tech is a good friend of mine who I have worked with in the past. I just went and looked at my upper control arms and they look fixed. I will call him tomorrow and see what he adjusted, but the numbers on the sheet look good. I'll get back to you.

FSM