Perch Mod vs Leveling Kit Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Leveling kit or 2nd perch??

Called up Harbin ford today. They said a 2nd perch job and alignment would be around $450.. How much would a leveling kit + install be compared to that? What prices were ypu guys charged to get your perch mods?

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Called up Harbin ford today. They said a 2nd perch job and alignment would be around $450.. How much would a leveling kit + install be compared to that? What prices were ypu guys charged to get your perch mods?

WOW! I paid $200 for the Perch w/alignment.

Good Luck with that...

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leveling kits will mess up your truck...just ask BigJ.

I paid $250 out the door for middle perch and alignment in Dallas.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea the leveling kit is bad the angles of the cv joint and all. And as far as prices I did the perch myself and paid 60 bucks for the alignment it's actually a really really easy mod to do but that's only I of have the resources to do it.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't do a leveling kit... Especially without also installing limiting straps. Listen to these guys, the perch mod is the way to go... Just find a better price.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. A leveling kit is a straight up bad idea.

I pulled mine out yesterday. Wait till you see the pics of what the spacers looks like now; you can see daylight thru the cracks. We also took apart one of my shafts to see what kinds of damage might have been done... they're smoked. Again, wait till ya see the pics.

I'll update my thread probably tomorrow or as late as Monday. Stay tuned over there for all the details: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/40k-mile-suspension-checkup-binding-blown-shock-bent-frame-10550/

MackAttack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40k-mile-suspension-checkup-binding-blown-shock-bent-frame-10550/[/url]

Ouch Big J. Bent frame? Not sure about the binding, shock sounds like $700 and I have no idea about the frame. Still, it sounds like you are definately enjoyed the first 40,000 miles. Here is to the next 40...:drink_nl:

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the leveling kit is bad the angles of the cv joint and all. And as far as prices I did the perch myself and paid 60 bucks for the alignment it's actually a really really easy mod to do but that's only I of have the resources to do it.

Right on, that is what I am going to do also. Cost of an alignment only and no gouges out of my shocks from fools working on them