Perch Mod vs Leveling Kit Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would this really work though. I meant my earlier comment as a question. I do not develope or test performance off road products so I don't actually know. I would think limiting straps would work but the repeated drops of axle that far that fast could cause them to break rather easy. Maybe in the prerunner world they don' t want to use limiting straps.

That wouldnt be the issue. However, by using limit straps to keep the suspension from over extending, you will loose travel. Thus decreasing the usability of the Raptor. In other words, whats the benefit from using a spacer with a decrease in wheel travel, instead of running on the top perch? :waytogo:

dallastxrptr

Reaction score
2" lift vs Shock Rung Height

Time to make a final decision, throw all the pros and cons at me for lift kit in the front or raising shock ring????

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure BigJ will chime in on this. He did the leveling kit and found it was binding on certain parts so he is going back to the perch mod.

I am running the middle perch mod, most members are running the perch mod. I have had zero issues and totally love it.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

See, he beat me too it, i knew he'd chime in. :D

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
A 2" spacer is more of a leveling spacer. Plus, as Big J has shared, there can be serious issues with the spacer kits. Over extension and binding and all sorts of bad things. You should definitely go to the top perch as VG has suggested. Ride will be a little stiffer but not too bad. You can always put it back if you don't like it. It's not as easy with a spacer.