Perch Mod vs Leveling Kit Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
RPG had a truck on the middle and a 1 1/8" spacer. I think they are taking the spacer off. You should call and talk with them about it. They will have a ton of info for you!

Outlaw Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done the middle perch and was thinking i would add a 1" spacer.

Has any one tried this?

Spacers are not good for the Raptor at all. Every Raptor with a spacer kit that ive seen has C.V. issues. Spacers over extend the travel of the suspension while the perch just adds preload to the shock. Think of it this way. For ease of math, say the factory shock measures 20" at full extension. Regardless of what perch setting you are on, you the shock will always be 20" at full extension, so your suspension will not cycle anymore on the top middle or lowest setting. Now by adding a 1" spacer to the shock, your total shock length is now 21" full extension, thus over extending the geometry of the suspension. This can cause all sorts of problems with C.V.s, Ball Joints, Alignment, etc. If your looking for more lift, go to the top perch, you will hardly notice the difference in ride, in fact you will probably like it more!

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No and I believe they are taking it off because of all the reasons Outlaw has stated.

You are correct. We played around with it a bit and one of our test trucks had it on. We agree with OutLaw on this matter and will not be selling the leveling spacers. We did have one customer who wanted it on his truck. He has since sold the truck and I was lucky enough to get in touch with the new owner to ask him to pull it off because of future issues associated with a leveling spacer, and ours wasn't even close to the size of the Ready lift or Truxx kit.

The CV's can't handle anymore than 1" extra of droop travel and that's pushing it.

Bottom line, good on paper, bad in reality.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Problem solved.

Would this really work though. I meant my earlier comment as a question. I do not develope or test performance off road products so I don't actually know. I would think limiting straps would work but the repeated drops of axle that far that fast could cause them to break rather easy. Maybe in the prerunner world they don' t want to use limiting straps.