Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They should replace the shock. Period, end of story. They should also fire the tech or train him to do his job right.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
demand new shocks and maybe provide them with a copy of SDHQ's tutorial on how to move the perches? Oh, and supervise them! haha!

Why the hell would you allow them to touch the new shocks after they ****** the job up in the 1st place.

After reading this thread you're post has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in quite a while

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy cow! You absolutely must persue this. If you don't get satisfaction from the service manager, ask him right then and there for the name and full contact information for the Regional Service Representative.

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would have a talk with the manager. If you call FOX you can most likely get the retainers separate. Ford probably doesn't have a part number for them and I doubt you'll get the manager to buy you two new shocks.

I have had my springs off three times this past week re-valving the shocks and the first time I took off the retainers it took a little bit of effort. With the shock off the truck it is really easy once the spring is off, turn it upside down and bang on the shock it with a rubber hammer to shake loose any rocks or dirt between the shock and the retainer. Then tap off the retainer with the same rubber mallet. Should come off pretty easy.

Remember, don't use brake or carb cleaner on the FOX shocks it will ruin the clear coat and the finish will go downhill fast.

0130.jpg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Why the hell would you allow them to touch the new shocks after they ****** the job up in the 1st place.

After reading this thread you're post has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in quite a while

I guess you're not on the ball detecting humor today...maybe I'll throw some smileys in there for you next time for a hint.

Not exactly sure why you feel the need to be such a ****** in your responses. I've seen you do it to others, so I shouldn't be surprised. I guess I am because I figured aside from the friendly jabs we all seem to act like adults here.

As for letting them work on the truck again, why not allow them to make their own mistake right? One tech's mistake means nobody there is qualified? There is always the option of just saying "well **** them!" but everyone, in every business makes a mistake once in awhile. It's not that you make it that matters, it's what you do to make the situation right again.

I would hope that would be at the minimum new shocks for the OP, a refund on labor costs, and some training from SVT on how to work on Raptor specific parts.

Also, since we're arguing the theoretical at this point, if they did actually learn how to do the shocks correctly...wouldn't that benefit more customers down the road because they won't have a similar experience with their Raptors if they ask this dealer to do their perch mod?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's working out for you Charley.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good the dealer is taking care of you. There's no excuse for what they did but some of these comments....

There is NO training, NO hands on demonstration tool, NO authorized procedure, NO instruction manual, NO hotline help, NO labor guide on how to adjust the shocks on the Raptor because its not something Ford or SVT advises a tech to do. Your average tech will have no idea about the spring perch mod because they don't eat/sleep/breathe the Raptor like we all do. We don't get paid nor is it part of our job description to go around the internet and follow all the trendy mods people do to their cars/trucks just so we know how to preform them. I'm sure none of you were born with the knowledge of adjusting the Raptor front shock... or are 100% perfect when it comes to your job.. So how about cutting a little slack for the dealers and techs who are hesitant to perform this MODIFICATION because they've never seen/heard of it.

Obviously in this case, beating it into position with a hammer is unacceptable. Unfortunately subpar service work is the direction the automotive service industry is headed. It's only going to get worse, I guarantee it.