Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They owe yoou some new shocks too they most likely didn't take the time to loosen the set screw to move the perch up ie why they used the hammer (edit) gouging the shock in the process (edit)... My dealer did the same thing to mine and I pointed out the mistake to the service manager and got them to fix and replace what they ****** up ...

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Yep, ********* didn't know there was a set screw to loosen first. Mine slid easily once the set screw was loosened.

Minimum they owe you a new perch.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess my dealer's theory was proven with this post. They said they don't know how to do it, so they're refusing the job. Hell, I'm a computer nerd and I did that shit on my old truck. I just don't have the time.

I hope that everything works out for you, man!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Wow, after seeing some pics that really is bad. demand new shocks and maybe provide them with a copy of SDHQ's tutorial on how to move the perches? Oh, and supervise them! haha!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a great pic

IMAG0157.jpg

WTF - How does someone like that stay in business? Pissed is an understatement! We spend all this money to purchase something that keeps these people in bussiness and this is how they we get treated. If I ran my businness like that I would be out-of-business or at least have higher malpractice insurance rates.

What a jack leg!

Charley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA... Thanks guys this makes me feel better. I mean I know its a usable truck and all but I couldn't believe what I was seeing, also I didn't wanna be a crybaby either, but my gut feeling was right... this is BS . So the good news (I hope) is the service mgr is an Offroad guy and I think he will likely see things the way we are on this install. So instead of bringing the dealers name into it this for crucifiction I want to give him a shot to make it right. The whole purchase experiemce through this dealer was great so I have no interest in hurting these guys because of one mechanics mistake, assuming they want to make it right. I will only post here if no reasonable resolution is met. Thanks again

Charley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they replace the shocks.

So Should I ask them to remove the shocks and show me there is not a groove from the set screw, assuming that is why this numbskull needed a hammer to slide the ring up?? If there is a groove they should replace the shock. agreed?