Perch Mod Discussion

Mid perch or no?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any shops that can do a quality job goin to middle perch and aligning my raptor (if it ever gets here). First thing I wanna do but i dont want my dealer doing it.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a performance shop that will do exhaust/headers in Mundelin, but I have yet to find a place for suspension work.

I also have a great tint guy in Vernon Hills too if you need.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your dealer and ask if they have a SVT certified tech and ask for a price .

Just had mine done at dealer for 315.00

No impact on warranty as they did the work. Now if something
Were to happen it would be best for me to go back to this dealer.

Charley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perch adjusted... I'm a little pissed

So, I had a dealer adjust my front perch to the middle setting, when I went to pick it up I took a peak underneath and it looks like they whacked on both of the blue retainer rings to move it... Does anyone wanna speculate why? Did they not remove the shock? I was pretty pissed and I demanded to speak with the service manager Monday am when he gets back in.... So am I being fair being pissed about this?? The truck has 300 miles on it and it just seems lame that a dealer is whacking on shit with a hammer.. Thoughts??

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so do you mean the blue aluminum is banged up and beat to shit?

If thats the case, they didn't do it right and I'd make em plop down the $1500 for two new setups in the front.

Personally, I don't see how they could have just knocked em into place, considering you have to move that ring while its slid up, and you have to compress the spring at the same time.

Shoot a few pics. post em up.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yep, I'd be pissed. That's not right at all. Time for a set of new shocks on the dealer's dime.

Charley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a great pic

IMAG0157.jpg

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
For sure call them out and demand new shocks