Perch mod and alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just let the guys around Kansas City know that A&B carstar in Riverside Missouri. Is a Raptor friendly place to have top perch and alignment done. The owners are Raptor owners (trying get get them on here, older generation is so stubborn) and together they have had 5 (2010 scab 5.4, 2010 scab 6.2, 2011 screw, 2 2012 screws) raptors. They charge $460, which is a little high, they stand behind their work. I rather pay a little extra to have it done right the first time, then go cheap and have crap work...

-Greg

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Think its a "raptor" tax...

When I go Monday, I am going to see if I can talk him down... 3 hours seemed like a long time to remove front shocks, top perch, and alignment.

-Greg

Last edited:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is way high for that job. I mean its cool that they own raptors though, but I am having mine done on Monday and getting a winch installed for under 200...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think its a "raptor" tax...

When I go Monday, I am going to see if I can talk him down... 3 hours seemed like a long time to remove front shocks, top perch, and alignment.

-Greg

Book quotes 2.0 hrs to R&R both front struts assemblies.
.6 hrs if only setting toe
1.4 hrs to do an actual alignment where camber and caster are adjusted (which I hope they would do since going to the top perch...)

So 2.6-3.4 hrs, depending. 3.0 hrs doesn't sound high.

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that price is pretty outrageous! You might try the dealer. I know on alot of stuff dealers can be high, but I paid $316.95 TTL for:

1. perch adjustment
2. tire rotation, mount & balance
3. oil change

the time is probably right on, its the labor rate that is out the window! My labor rate comes out to $75/hour, yours looks to be about $150

I figured I would use the dealer cuz Fox made the shock adjustable, and if Ford did the work, if there was ever an issue I would have greater recourse, IMO.