GEN 1 Options other than Forged Spherical Bearings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lumadar

Lumadar

Reaction score
Thanks guys... that was more what I was hoping for, well, that or another option for a bushing that was superior to stock. I don't know if my bushings are the cause or the bolt, so I wanted to change both at the same time to save on labor and hassle. Ideally, I would have liked a more durable bushing... but alas, it seems that isn't going to be an option.

OP
OP
Lumadar

Lumadar

Reaction score
Don't be too quick to conclude that the noise is as a result of the shock mount.

Agreed, lots of wear points under there and other potential sources; ball joints, tie rod ends, CV's, IWE's, hub bearing, UCA/LCA pivots, internal bypass, stupid alignment slots...

I hear ya guys. I am hoping it is one of these two since they seem like they are more common + less expensive to go after. *If* it doesn't end up fixing it, then I will re-visit the drawing board...

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
again, the bearing will make whatever noise down there more obvious, not make it more quiet.

bearing=louder
bushing=quieter

not sure how much more cut and dry that can be.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may not want to hear this, but from what I've read, (underline word "read" )here on the forum.
An IWE that is going / gone bad, will also make such noise.
Best of Luck, hoping whatever it is, doesn't hurt so bad that you'll be sore the next couple of days. :ROFLJest: