GEN 1 Options other than Forged Spherical Bearings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lumadar

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I am about to have my shocks rebuilt on my 2012 and I am hoping to address the multiple potential sources of the dreaded front-end clunk I feel through my pedals at the same time.

I am currently on the list for the rebuild from Forged Offroad, but I am having second thoughts on their spherical bearings after reading about the pros and cons.

Are there any other options I should consider? I am sure this will be mostly people's opinions and personal experiences, but all are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I knew more I would answer you. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are you talking about oem style bushing being replaced with metal roller inserts?

this will cause more clunk than stop.

tractorpole

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be watching for responses as well, I am planning on sending my shocks in and was considering the spherical replacements for the factory bushings.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
on my truck, the cv axle is making some noise inside the hub. this is the same noise ive seen in a few youtube videos. grab the axle shaft and try moving it up and down.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be watching for responses as well, I am planning on sending my shocks in and was considering the spherical replacements for the factory bushings.

nothing to wait on.

replacing a bushing with a much more noise transferable object is going to create more noise. SCIENCE.

also if you live in wintery climates i wouldnt do it either way. pitted and rusted within a year.

two of the main reasons i would be willing to bed ford made them the way they are from the factory lol.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I don't believe there are any other options at present.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The choice are very simple.
1) Bearing
2) Rubber bushing. (OEM )
If you are concerned, then by all means use what you know has worked, namely the OEM bushing.
There was never anything that stipulate that you should, or must use the bearing.
The Bearing is just an option that was offered.

polarbare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forged also sells a fully shouldered bolt for the lower shock mount. When I removed the stock bolt I did see that the exposed threads were marking up the back hole in the A arm. I have never noticed a clunk before or after though.