OEM shock revalve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a curiosity at this point, does anyone actually revalve OEM Fox shocks? Im going on 50K on my truck and will be looking at rebuilding my shocks someday b4 long, so,... Not that I dont like the way they are now, but I might as well look into improving the final results when I do take them out. Maybe go 4 a little more high speed compression valving (Gratuitous Dirt bike terminology 4 u)?

Anyone have a recommendation for someone who does revalving? If so, impressions of the final results?

TIA,
Mike

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking for the same info as well. I know @mictouch had a valve stack figured out. Id really like to know once winter comes back I can revalve for Deavers. Id like to see how well the stock pieces work with progressive springs

Last edited:

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By revalving, are you guys referring to the shim stack?

Yes. Different diameters and thickness on the stack will firm up/soften, speed up/slow down compression and rebound. Same thing with non external bypass shocks.

Worse case scenario is pull the shocls apart, measure each shim in the stack and make small changes. Its a lot more work since the shock will need to come apart a few times. It isnt terrible, but shock oilbis expensive haha.

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By revalving, are you guys referring to the shim stack?

Yes, I figured someone at an off road shop who revalves and rebuilds shocks may have played with these shocks to meet the needs of semi serious/ weekend warrior Raptor owners. I know there are a number of shops in Phoenix, but haven't heard of any of them doing custom work on Fox shocks.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Different diameters and thickness on the stack will firm up/soften, speed up/slow down compression and rebound. Same thing with non external bypass shocks.

Worse case scenario is pull the shocls apart, measure each shim in the stack and make small changes. Its a lot more work since the shock will need to come apart a few times. It isnt terrible, but shock oilbis expensive haha.

Yes, I figured someone at an off road shop who revalves and rebuilds shocks may have played with these shocks to meet the needs of semi serious/ weekend warrior Raptor owners. I know there are a number of shops in Phoenix, but haven't heard of any of them doing custom work on Fox shocks.

Just had a conversation about this while rebuilding shocks the other day, and we just were't sure it would be worth it with the amount of testing it would take. I'm not sure if anyone has taken the time to test a set, I think most people(shops included) say screw it and get 3.0's+.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Mictouch did a bunch of testing and had a pretty good setup. The 3.0s don't get as hot as quickly as the stockers do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk