Noise from Fox 3.0s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got Fox 3.0's installed up front and in the rear.

Couple things Ive noticed.

The fronts, if Im on an incline and the truck is stopped, and I begin to reverse and turn the wheel (not all the way, just beginning to turn) I get a creaking sound up front. Have not found where the noise is coming from. It doesnt happen all the time and it only really seems to happen under the circumstances I mentioned above.

The rears, they are real noisy, rattle sound but from what I understand thats simply the tappets doing their thing. seems to be more loud on smaller bumps, road bumps).

Anyone care to chime in? Very interested in what might be causing the creaking in the front end.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the skid plates both of them...could be lose or bent up

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got Fox 3.0's installed up front and in the rear.

Couple things Ive noticed.

The fronts, if Im on an incline and the truck is stopped, and I begin to reverse and turn the wheel (not all the way, just beginning to turn) I get a creaking sound up front. Have not found where the noise is coming from. It doesnt happen all the time and it only really seems to happen under the circumstances I mentioned above.

The rears, they are real noisy, rattle sound but from what I understand thats simply the tappets doing their thing. seems to be more loud on smaller bumps, road bumps).

Anyone care to chime in? Very interested in what might be causing the creaking in the front end.

You really shouldn't here the tappets on the rear. The Fox's are very quiet when it comes to the sound of tappets. I would close all the bypass tubes and see if the noise continues. If it does, then you know it's not the tappets but something else. Just make sure you count the turns in so you know where to set them back to when you open them back up.

Jarrett

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've closed the bypass and they go silent, open them back up
And you can hear them over ever hard hit in the road. Train crossings, pot holes, and the expansion joints I get a loud click

sj-CHI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've closed the bypass and they go silent, open them back up
And you can hear them over ever hard hit in the road. Train crossings, pot holes, and the expansion joints I get a loud click

Any additional info on this -- I have the same symptoms. When I close all the bypass tubes, they go silent. If I open them 1 or 2 turns it sounds like a rattle from the rear. I'm really just trying to determine if this is normal operation or if something is a miss.

thanks!!