No more wheel hop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NiteLife

Reaction score
I grenaded my transmission and driveshaft last summer due to axle wrap/wheel hop on hard acceleration off the line or at low speeds. I'm pushing 500+ rwhp and feared I was about to repeat my expensive mistake. I've been searching for different options and decided on installing a set of traction bars, by Stifflers. It made such a huge difference, no more wheel hop! Only took a few hours to install. I figured I can simply remove the bars when I will do any heavy off road or towing.

Stifflers Chassis & Suspension Products for Mustang and F150

20160129_163604.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160129_163534.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Rodbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have wheel hop bad to because I am SCed I was wondering how long to install or take off? It says you can't go off road with them on. So I know when I am going a Raptor run. Did you pay $475?

Another option I was looking at was the CalTrac, much smaller design and profile.

Oh by the way, do you already have Deavers on? I here that they almost eliminate the wheel hop?

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stifflers makes some nice stuff.

Would be interesting to see what it does at full droop.

OP
OP
NiteLife

NiteLife

Reaction score
I have wheel hop bad to because I am SCed I was wondering how long to install or take off? It says you can't go off road with them on. So I know when I am going a Raptor run. Did you pay $475?

Another option I was looking at was the CalTrac, much smaller design and profile.

Oh by the way, do you already have Deavers on? I here that they almost eliminate the wheel hop?

Yes I paid $475. I considered the new leafs but figured I'd try the long bars, because its my daily driver and sees more hotrodding on the street more than off road. Oh, it'll take only minutes to take the bars off

Last edited:

mike.s

Reaction score
I had Deaver customize my leaf springs to try to get rid of wheel hop on my SC raptor. It helped but did not eliminate it. The only thing that truly worked for me was traction bars.