New SVC 4Link W/Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
B,

Bed floor height is staying stock and we are going to remove the outer skin of the bed and clearance inner pinch weld so you will have to run bedsides. By doing that we will have plenty of room even with articulation. When it comes to the fuel cell I haven't thought about the Bronco cell, might not be a bad idea to look into.

When I made my cell and had Harmon build the bladder, they actually gave me a document that says it all complies with CA Carb legal issues do to the fact that we are retaining the entire factory fuel pump and housing with carb canisters and everything. My truck goes up for smog in April so it will be interesting to see what happens.
I wasn't aware that your cell had the stock fuel pump and housing, I tried doing that but mine but after a few failures(can't afford Harmon) I said screw it and did it how everyone else does. And I regret it.
I haven't seen your truck since it's been finished so I wasn't able to look it over

I think this is still pretty early in the design phase.
The inner wheel wells are gone for sure.
The top of the diff housing is half way into a bed crossmember on mine at full compression, so if you put links up overtop of that, you're going to need to remove the bed floor for the links and link mounts to come through.
I have seen guys that cut out part of the floor to clear the upper link mounts than finish the bed off with aluminum. After that a little line-X and your set

I have no doubt Jarrett and the guys have it figured out over there

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B,

Bed floor height is staying stock and we are going to remove the outer skin of the bed and clearance inner pinch weld so you will have to run bedsides. By doing that we will have plenty of room even with articulation.

Axle tube bumped half an inch off of the frame rail:

image.jpg1_zpswfzvzwgs.jpg

image.jpg2_zpstyg2akpv.jpg

Note the height of the diff housing:

image.jpg1_zpsohw1oikg.jpg

I'd not muck about if I were you guys.
Just build some storage options into the bed cage and some bed side hangars into the cage. You're going to have some issues trying to save the bed and still hit your travel numbers. Knowing what I do now, I'd much preferred to have gone that route...
I had to Swiss cheese mine and I'm not even running top links or the associated mounts that add significant height to the diff housing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Axle tube bumped half an inch off of the frame rail:

image.jpg1_zpswfzvzwgs.jpg

image.jpg2_zpstyg2akpv.jpg

I'd not muck about if I were you guys.
Just build some storage options into the bed cage and some bed side hangars into the cage. You're going to have some issues trying to save the bed and still hit your travel numbers. Knowing what I do now, I'd much preferred to have gone that route...
I had to Swiss cheese mine and I'm not even running top links or the associated mounts that add significant height to the diff housing.

Lets not forget you are running stock width axle which plays into that articulation issue that you are showing.

Trust me Nathan, we got this shit. We've seen a few Raptors in our day and have made stuff work that never should have worked.

Jarrett

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets not forget you are running stock width axle which plays into that articulation issue that you are showing.

Trust me Nathan, we got this shit. We've seen a few Raptors in our day and have made stuff work that never should have worked.

Jarrett

is the smurf running a plus width replacement from currie?

Last edited:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jarrett

Ah yes, 4" extra width would certainly help.
I wasn't doubting that you can work through this stuff, I'm just a curious monkey, and like to know how you're attacking those issues...

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good work @svc

I have been considering going to an underbed fuel cell in my truck also. Not that I have plans in the near future for a linked truck (still determining what I want the future state of my truck to be). Moving the tank will help with weight distribution, and I would gladly relocate the spare to make that happen.

Please keep us up to date on the fuel cell package.