New SVC 4Link W/Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Forgot to put up the droop pic of the 40 gallon under bed cell. Should give you all a better look at how that looks and will work.

1500x994_BC-12_zpsdvi8dihj.png

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

You can put me down for #2!!!!!!

Sorry,

number two is already spoken for, but you can be bronze place, and that's still a podium finish.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice...

this setup similar to what @ntm has?

Not really.
Svc is running a true four link setup with a fuel cell.
I'm running a factory fuel tank with no top links.

Great to see this happening Jarret. The rear end of these trucks has been neglected too long !
How are you dealing with the upper link to axle attachment, trussing up the stock rear, or an entirely new axle housing ?

Any plans on how to address the inner wheel wells ?
I know from experience that when you bump the axle out close to the frame like that, 37's go through the inner wheel wells. And I happen to be in the market for some enlarged inner wheel well liners !

Last edited:

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to put up the droop pic of the 40 gallon under bed cell. Should give you all a better look at how that looks and will work.

1500x994_BC-12_zpsdvi8dihj.png

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Sorry,

number two is already spoken for, but you can be bronze place, and that's still a podium finish.

Sounds Good! Looking for the under bed tank.

Let me know when you'll be around during the Holidays, I can drive up there. Also interested in the LT front end.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not really.
Svc is running a true four link setup with a fuel cell.
I'm running a factory fuel tank with no top links.

Great to see this happening Jarret. The rear end of these trucks has been neglected too long !
How are you dealing with the upper link to axle attachment, trussing up the stock rear, or an entirely new axle housing ?

Your right about the rear end getting to the next level.

For now I really only want to use fabricated full floater rear ends like Currie's Raptor replacement. We are in the development phase of utilizing the factory rear, it's doable, but gonna be a bitch because I don't want to have to weld to cast.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Sounds Good! Looking for the under bed tank.

Let me know when you'll be around during the Holidays, I can drive up there. Also interested in the LT front end.

We will be back in the shop on Monday, will be testing tuesday and back the rest of the week except for the 1st.

Dam Holidays.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome = this setup. Not awesome = the $6k I literally just dropped into my current rear suspension. Oh well. Such is life.

I can't wait to see how this works out for #1 & #2. This is definitely something I'll be looking into in the new year.

Also, I love the two different fuel cell options. The 50 gallons certain has its appeal, but I'm currently inclined to lean towards the 40 gallon under bed setup. Reason being it pushes the weight as far back as possible, which could help with weight balance. Think we've all seen enough nose down landings to understand why that could be a good thing.

Sub'd.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
@svc, are you planning on mini tubing the wheel wells and raising the floor of the bed? Or you trying to keep the bed stock?

Have you considered using a Bronco II gas tank(should fit between the frame rails) over using a fuel cell to keep trucks smog legal?

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@svc, are you planning on mini tubing the wheel wells and raising the floor of the bed? Or you trying to keep the bed stock?

Have you considered using a Bronco II gas tank(should fit between the frame rails) over using a fuel cell to keep trucks smog legal?

B,

Bed floor height is staying stock and we are going to remove the outer skin of the bed and clearance inner pinch weld so you will have to run bedsides. By doing that we will have plenty of room even with articulation. When it comes to the fuel cell I haven't thought about the Bronco cell, might not be a bad idea to look into.

When I made my cell and had Harmon build the bladder, they actually gave me a document that says it all complies with CA Carb legal issues do to the fact that we are retaining the entire factory fuel pump and housing with carb canisters and everything. My truck goes up for smog in April so it will be interesting to see what happens.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think this is still pretty early in the design phase.
The inner wheel wells are gone for sure.
The top of the diff housing is half way into a bed crossmember on mine at full compression, so if you put links up overtop of that, you're going to need to remove the bed floor for the links and link mounts to come through.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think this is still pretty early in the design phase.
The inner wheel wells are gone for sure.
The top of the diff housing is half way into a bed crossmember on mine at full compression, so if you put links up overtop of that, you're going to need to remove the bed floor for the links and link mounts to come through.

Center section of the bed cross member will get notched out as well as a few other cross sections which will be replaced with appropriate ones for clearance issues.