New Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwh1

Reaction score
If you install the icon or fox 3.0 shocks will it lift the front of the truck any? If so how much lift will be gained.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can somewhat speak of the Fox coilovers. Near the bottom setting they will lift the front to where I would guess is about mid-perch on the stock coilovers or slightly higher.

That said, they can be adjusted in what I would guess is about 2" range.

Nick@ORWSD

Reaction score
The FOX Coilovers and Icon Coilovers you can crank up to 3" over stock setting. You will need upper control arms at this point if you don't want to cause the upper control arm to bind and wear out prematurely when you go this high. Also, watch out for CV Angles, you'll be popping boots pretty often anything over 3".

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Also, Top perch setting is around 2"-2.5" over stock. The end result is a slightly nose high appearance. (maybe 1/4" rake front high to rear) I've done this many times and fit 37's BFG Baja TA's. The guy had method rims @ 0" offset, and I didn't have to trim anything in my shop. Also all we had to adjust was Toe for the alignment, camber and caster changed .01 Degrees, didnt have to adjust.

OP
OP
C

cwh1

Reaction score
Upper control arms

My Raptor doesn't see off road much and if it does its just a dirt road. With that being said would the upper control arms and the cv axles still be an issue?

Nick@ORWSD

Reaction score
Yes. Our Owners Raptor has the RPG Upper arms at 3" over stock with the Fox front 3.0's and stock CV axles. He's had to replace one CV axle already, but he beats the shit out of his truck out at the local spot (Plaster City / Ocotillo). His symptom was clicking noises with the wheel turned due to lack of lubrication from the CV boot popping off. He's at about 24k miles. It's the constant driving at the higher angle that will cause them to blow over time. So still would be a concern.

McCredie a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Our Owners Raptor has the RPG Upper arms at 3" over stock with the Fox front 3.0's and stock CV axles. He's had to replace one CV axle already, but he beats the shit out of his truck out at the local spot (Plaster City / Ocotillo). His symptom was clicking noises with the wheel turned due to lack of lubrication from the CV boot popping off. He's at about 24k miles. It's the constant driving at the higher angle that will cause them to blow over time. So still would be a concern.

Do you work at the ORW in escondido?

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor doesn't see off road much and if it does its just a dirt road. With that being said would the upper control arms and the cv axles still be an issue?

Your comment here begs that you should first investigate mid-perch or top-perch setting of your stock coilovers. Way cheaper adjustment than the $2,500 price tag on 3" Fox Coilovers.

Nick@ORWSD

Reaction score
Your comment here begs that you should first investigate mid-perch or top-perch setting of your stock coilovers. Way cheaper adjustment than the $2,500 price tag on 3" Fox Coilovers.

Yep, strictly on road use would be smarter to adjust your stock shocks higher, monetarily speaking.

We charge $150 to adjust the stock shocks up + (toe set/wheel re-center) alignment for $50 here at ORW. Also would reccomend to do a full caster/camber alignment for $130, depending on what your tires look like, and when the last time it was fully aligned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cwh1

Reaction score
I have the 2 inch spacer on the top of the stock shock and i see where everyone says how terrible that is. I would like to have more lift in the front just to make the stance of the truck look better. I am about to put 37 mud grapplers on the truck and would like to prevent scrubbing as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free