New OEM Shocks Arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well - after much deliberation - I've decided to purchase the 2.5 OEMs at dealer cost. I could not justify stepping up to 3.0's of any kind as my truck has only run as a DD and all the Snoballs... (Building the new home WILL take precedence over an upgrade on the suspension)

After Memorial Day Weekend I'm headed down to meet up with Jon @2014RubyRed Crown Offroad to have the new ones installed. We're then going to rebuild the old set (58k miles and seeping/leaking).

Then I'm going to learn about Pinch Welds... :) This will help make the rubbing go away on my rig in full turns. (Method Fat Fives w/0 offset and MT Baja MTZ stock size tires)

***Need to make sure to add time to the trip to swing by the I-80 Truck Stop!~!! Never been there - would love to see it.

Last edited:

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did the set of shocks set you back? Would you mind posting after you get your shocks replaced? See if you notice any difference in your ride.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much did the set of shocks set you back? Would you mind posting after you get your shocks replaced? See if you notice any difference in your ride.

my cost was $2133 for the front and rears... and yes - no problem on the difference one I see it. I'm very interested to see myself.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adjust the castor on the a arms. I run method NV and stock sized duratracs. Mid perch. If you want to go to 37s then the pinch weld mod for sure.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found one f the cheapest places for fronts was AM motorsports on ebay at just over $1k shipped (that was a pair of fronts no rears) quite a bit cheaper than Tasca, who by the way I asked if they would price match AM and they declined

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've now noticed a dramatic change in my ride over just the last two weeks...

I've entered into the "FLOATING" stage of the OEM shock setup...

My question is - am I safe to drive my truck on paved roads as my DD until the time I'm able to hookup with Jon at Crown OffRoad @2014RubyRed...?

Also, will my old shocks get to a point that they CANNOT be rebuilt due to running on them at this stage...

I want to make sure I'm not going to damage other components on my rig when these shocks are like this... All driving is now limited to paved roads only until shocks have been replaced.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in the floating stage on pavement for some time. No leaks but floats when you hit a bunch of bumps. I am waiting on a set of take offs from a member right now so I will have a set to rebuild and put on as well as a back up set. Don't think it's hurting anything, just makes it a lot more interesting to drive until I get my new rebuilt set on. I like you don't intend to go bigger as I just use my truck for hunting fishing and outdoor stuff. I do drive a lot off road but not running whoops and jumps and stuff. Can't wait to get mine changed out.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've now noticed a dramatic change in my ride over just the last two weeks...

I've entered into the "FLOATING" stage of the OEM shock setup...

My question is - am I safe to drive my truck on paved roads as my DD until the time I'm able to hookup with Jon at Crown OffRoad @2014RubyRed...?

Also, will my old shocks get to a point that they CANNOT be rebuilt due to running on them at this stage...

I want to make sure I'm not going to damage other components on my rig when these shocks are like this... All driving is now limited to paved roads only until shocks have been replaced.

As mentioned, i think you'll be alright until you make it down. Just watch the speed bumps and deep potholes until we can get them changed out.