new brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its almost new brake pad time.... is there a better one than factory?

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R1 concepts. Contact one of our venders on the forum for pricing or use the search feature for numerous threads regarding price and performance as well as other options.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We can hook you up with some posi quiet ceramic pads! We also have EBC and Stoptech products if you were interested in those as well. Let me know if you would like a quote!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can hook you up with some posi quiet ceramic pads! We also have EBC and Stoptech products if you were interested in those as well. Let me know if you would like a quote!

This is probably a stupid question but would I get improved braking performance by simply replacing OEM pads with higher quality than OEM or would I only benefit from upgrading the pads and rotors?

Mine are beginning to squeal. I need to check them out to see how much pad I have left.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but would I get improved braking performance by simply replacing OEM pads with higher quality than OEM or would I only benefit from upgrading the pads and rotors?

Mine are beginning to squeal. I need to check them out to see how much pad I have left.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

You would get alittle improvement going to a ceramic pad as they stop better once warm and hold better with less fade once hot. The R1 package from FreedomMS is nice . I did front and rear at the same time and noticed a difference in stopping power when driving regular and towing my boat.

coco'

Reaction score
Yesterday i've installed the EBC yellow stuff brake pads with EBC rotors...
Naturally new pads and rotors needs an appropriate running in period, but now the braking power is FANTASTIC!!!
Nothing to be compared with stock (and 24k Km / 15k miles) brakes...

13terrainraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20151218_112757.jpg

20151218_154627.jpg

I installed EBC rotors and pads. My main complaint is the dust. My truck is no detail queen but man they give off a lot of brake dust. I have about 25,000 hard miles on this set and I will end up changing to another brand pads, once these wear out.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here at Freedom Motorsports, we recommend the R1Concepts PRemier series rotor packages over all others due to our personal and our customer's experiences and reviews. That being said, get with @Rookie or myself no matter what brand aftermarket rotors and pads you go with. We can offer great discounts on R1Concepts, EBC, Hawk, Stoptech and more. From just pads and or rotors, all the way up to big brake kits that will fit stock 17" wheels!