Need Stock uac replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need the drivers side uca replaced, has some play. And no I don't want a uniball type one, I live in Canada where they use tons of salt in the winter. Anyways question is how do you get the uca bolt that's at the frame out without removing the shock...looks like there isn't much room there. Thanks

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Short answer, you don't.

Long answer just undo the upper mount bolts and pull down on the LCA to get enough clearance.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short answer, you don't.

Long answer just undo the upper mount bolts and pull down on the LCA to get enough clearance.
To get enough clearance to remove the shock is what you mean?

D

Deleted member 12951

I believe he means you get the shock down far enough to get the UCA bolts out to remove it to swap without removing the entire shock

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking to get aftermarket uac but not sure what a good choice would be with the winter here in Canada.

D

Deleted member 12951

I keep thinking to get aftermarket uac but not sure what a good choice would be with the winter here in Canada.

It's just bling.

I have never heard of anyone breaking a stock UCA. In all reality, it gives you a little bit extra down travel but so little, its not worth considering. The only time it really comes into play is if you lock the lowers and need to adjust from the UCA, making sure to get adjustable ones.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just bling.

I have never heard of anyone breaking a stock UCA. In all reality, it gives you a little bit extra down travel but so little, its not worth considering. The only time it really comes into play is if you lock the lowers and need to adjust from the UCA, making sure to get adjustable ones.

I'm glad you said that, I've come to trust your judgement on these forums. Another question for you, should I stick with Ford uac or go with another ie moog, ac delco, Napa .

D

Deleted member 12951

I'm glad you said that, I've come to trust your judgement on these forums. Another question for you, should I stick with Ford uac or go with another ie moog, ac delco, Napa .

Well I would not consider myself an expert. Seems NTM knows more about suspension.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/suspension-upgrade-47525/#post980254

Granted depending on which one you choose, they do offer different angles for increased caster but will be out of Ford's spec if that matters to you or not. I just tell the alignment shop that caster will be high and to get camber and toe in spec.