Need some advise guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curtisre3

Reaction score
I got in an accident last week some girl was not paying attention and rammed the back of my truck at 45. The truck was still very drivable but has some minor frame bend. My shop has been in talks with my insurance company and its going to be around 30-35k to put a new frame on and they want to do that vs totaling it. This to me sounds like an opportunity to go crazy and do a full build. I am not going to claim to be an expert in cages and a caged rear which is where i was hoping to get your opinions With 30k would i be able to cage the truck and do a full rear 4 link set up or am i just dreaming?

D

Deleted member 12951

A frame swap for that much? The frame is less than $5k, so what is costing the other $30k?

Personally I don't see the insurance agreeing to that amount in the first place so your dream might not become reality. But I would ask @svc or @RPG what something like this might cost you but I think for $35k will get you there unless you go crazy.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
30k would not be enough to do a cage, 4-link, and a front end setup to match (no reason to 4-link if the front can't perform). You could probably get close if you were doing the work yourself. But it adds up exceptionally fast. A new Currie axle setup to go with the 4-link is about 6-7k. Shocks all around will approach 18-20k. We havnt even touched UCA, LCA, links, caged back half, fuel cell, glasswork and paint, interior cage and interior work.... custom fabrication, and labor...

With 30k you could easily do a bypass rack, dual front shock setup up front (SVC podium package), glass, mild cage build (quality, but no frills), and maybe squeeze a whipple in that budget. All depending on the shop that's doing it and what they charge.

Baja Kits

Reaction score
30k would not be enough to do a cage, 4-link, and a front end setup to match (no reason to 4-link if the front can't perform). You could probably get close if you were doing the work yourself. But it adds up exceptionally fast. A new Currie axle setup to go with the 4-link is about 6-7k. Shocks all around will approach 18-20k. We havnt even touched UCA, LCA, links, caged back half, fuel cell, glasswork and paint, interior cage and interior work.... custom fabrication, and labor...

This is pretty much on point.

Email me or give me a call and we can try and assist you with this.

[email protected]

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got in an accident last week some girl was not paying attention and rammed the back of my truck at 45. The truck was still very drivable but has some minor frame bend. My shop has been in talks with my insurance company and its going to be around 30-35k to put a new frame on and they want to do that vs totaling it. This to me sounds like an opportunity to go crazy and do a full build. I am not going to claim to be an expert in cages and a caged rear which is where i was hoping to get your opinions With 30k would i be able to cage the truck and do a full rear 4 link set up or am i just dreaming?

The last full frame swap we did was closer to the 10-12k mark. 30-35k is absolutely insane to swap just the frame. Is there other damage like rear bumper, fenders, etc? You could definitely do a lot of with 30-35k in payout, but a back half, cage and 4-Link would be out of the range.

OP
OP
curtisre3

curtisre3

Reaction score
yeah there is some other damage, like the tail gait and bed sides. its looking like 24-25k is now going to be the more accurate quote after they got everything together.