Need help putting my front shocks back in after mid perch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I had my front shocks out to set at mid perch, while out I cleaned them up and removed the corrosion. I'm now having trouble lining up the three top bolt holes is there a trick to making sure the spring, collar etc is all lined up correctly? Thanks pics would be helpful too.

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my front shocks out to set at mid perch, while out I cleaned them up and removed the corrosion. I'm now having trouble lining up the three top bolt holes is there a trick to making sure the spring, collar etc is all lined up correctly? Thanks pics would be helpful too.

You should have made a mark on the top shock plate and the spring with a paint marker before you took it apart so you have a reference when you put it back together. Hind sights a bitch.

OP
OP
silverlakemark
Reaction score
You should have made a mark on the top shock plate and the spring with a paint marker before you took it apart so you have a reference when you put it back together. Hind sights a bitch.
Is there a fix or will I need to just play with it until I get it to line up correctly?

Monster44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a fix or will I need to just play with it until I get it to line up correctly?

Don't play with it to much, you'll go blind! you may need to take the shock apart and make sure the orientation is correct. Check google images and look for a close up pictUre of the shock mounted so you can see if yours is wrong.

OP
OP
silverlakemark
Reaction score
Don't play with it to much, you'll go blind! you may need to take the shock apart and make sure the orientation is correct. Check google images and look for a close up pictUre of the shock mounted so you can see if yours is wrong.
That's funny! I actually was just doing what you suggested found a couple images to reference and worked great, I even had my wife assisting.