National Springs SD vs. HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay now I will install one of these version of National Springs. Try fo find as much as possible Information about the Springs here in the Forum, but habe some more question.

At the moment the Suspension is stock but feels not comfortable so i install one of these two kind of springs. Do i have any disadvantage when i install SD or HD with the stock Fox Bumps? Disadvantage when offroading lime bent frame? Does towing a trailer works with SD/HD more smoother?

Are the installing of SD/HD pluck and play or to i have to setup anythink?

Does the HD with no payload feels like the stock springs?

Daniel

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither. Get Deavers instead. My Nationals were sacked out from the day I installed them and I couldn't get either the vendor or National themselves to replace them. Several others on the board have had issues as well. I've also heard a rumor that they are going out of business. Not sure if that's actually true or not.

OP
OP
N

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay don't heard about that. But Deaver also have had some problems with quality?! And Deaver also is not so easy to choose the right one like National. Deaver has "normal" +2 and +3???? And what is about shakle??? Why i need the shakle?

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get ahold of SVC or another vendor that sells Deaver and they'll help you pick the right springs for your application

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a SCrew and the national HDs, they work and perform well. Even without any weight in the bed the HDs still ride better than stock, and i have had then on for about 2 years, on and offroading with them and no sacking issues for me. There are people on the forum who have run the Nationals and have had issues with sacking, so it can happen. The biggest complaint i have it they do start to squeak so i do have to lift the truck and lube them up.

So thats what i run, and am happy with at the moment. but if i were to do it all over again, I'd go Deavers +2, maybe +3 with a drop shackle. Also, i believe i read somewhere that National is out of business...I think @treypal said that, but I can't remember 100%.

OP
OP
N

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay thank you all. I also will check out the Deaver. But what i do not know/understand is for what is the Shackle?

OP
OP
N

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thank you for the Information than i order a Deaver set. Now i have to read what is the Difference about +2, +3 and Shackle