Mobility without front shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dabblin

Reaction score
50K and the fronts shocks are soft, rears have been rebuilt.
I am in St. Louis and no one has 250 PSI nitro to air up the fronts so
I need to remove the fronts and send them off.

--Question-- Can I remove a shock, reassemble the suspension without the shock/spring assembly, turn the truck around and remove the other shock, re assemble and move the truck around a bit? Not drive it down the road, just back out of the garage and re-position it back in the garage.
My garage is tight and if I could have the truck halfway out, grab the shocks then re-position to the normal parking spot, it would really help.
thanks

Who has named their truck, and what name did they use?

D

Deleted member 12951

But what if you used a 2x4 and drilled a hole so you put the lower shock bolt through it to secure it and the other end jammed into the top hat bucket? You know, redneck style but should work. Take pics though and post back.

:hmmm2:

SilverBack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But what if you used a 2x4 and drilled a hole so you put the lower shock bolt through it to secure it and the other end jammed into the top hat bucket? You know, redneck style but should work. Take pics though and post back.

Might want to bump it up to a 4x4. Lol

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
50K and the fronts shocks are soft, rears have been rebuilt.
I am in St. Louis and no one has 250 PSI nitro to air up the fronts so
I need to remove the fronts and send them off.

--Question-- Can I remove a shock, reassemble the suspension without the shock/spring assembly, turn the truck around and remove the other shock, re assemble and move the truck around a bit? Not drive it down the road, just back out of the garage and re-position it back in the garage.
My garage is tight and if I could have the truck halfway out, grab the shocks then re-position to the normal parking spot, it would really help.
thanks

Who has named their truck, and what name did they use?

If you have time, why don't you drive up to Galesburg and I'll charge them for you......

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you do that and it goes wrong, good chance it'd cost you more than just buying a brand new set of front shocks. why dont you find a rebuildable set, have them rebuilt then swap them in one at a time. You could even sell your old ones after if you wanted