Mid perch set screw remove or loosen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Quick clarification of people that have done Midperch. I have done my research and watched the RPG video but still need a little clarification.

Can you move to Midperch by just loosening the set screw or do you need to remove it?

After you click the snap ring to Midperch can u put the set screw back in or is it difficult to line up and that's why some don't reinstall it...?

Please let me know,
Joe

Last edited:

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to drill mine out because I broke a few allen wrenches trying to loosen it. The ring is what holds the collar so if you don't retighten the set screw it won't hurt anything. You don't have to take it all the way out you just need to lossen it. On the one side I didn't drill I wound up not retightening it because I couldn't compress the spring enough to have room to get to it once I moved the collar up. If you do have to drill them just be very carful not to accidentally pop through and hit the shock body.