GEN 1 Mid Perch Ride Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 2010 raptor that I'm looking to do mod perch adjustment to. I prefer the look of leveled trucks, and could use a little extra clearance since getting a new bumper isn't in the budget at the moment. I leveled my previous two regular f150s and the ride quality suffered because when I leveled them with spacers, the pre load on the springs and decrease in down travel made for a rough ride. My favorite thing about my raptor is how smooth it rides. Here are my questions:

(1) Will I lose any droop travel?
(2) Will the ride be stiffer?
(3) Will the CV angles be so thrown off that it could present problems to IWE or anything else?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 2010 raptor that I'm looking to do mod perch adjustment to. I prefer the look of leveled trucks, and could use a little extra clearance since getting a new bumper isn't in the budget at the moment. I leveled my previous two regular f150s and the ride quality suffered because when I leveled them with spacers, the pre load on the springs and decrease in down travel made for a rough ride. My favorite thing about my raptor is how smooth it rides. Here are my questions:

(1) Will I lose any droop travel?
(2) Will the ride be stiffer?
(3) Will the CV angles be so thrown off that it could present problems to IWE or anything else?

Thanks!

1) Yes your wheel will sit further down the travel stroke so you will loose down and gain up.
2) Yes there is more preload on the spring.
3) No you have a 2010 you could run top perch fine if you wanted.

You should probably have your shocks rebuilt when you do this as well.

OP
OP

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Yes your wheel will sit further down the travel stroke so you will loose down and gain up.
2) Yes there is more preload on the spring.
3) No you have a 2010 you could run top perch fine if you wanted.

You should probably have your shocks rebuilt when you do this as well.
Thanks! As far as rebuild, it's not time. My 2010 only has 39k miles lol. Found an absolute gem of a truck and had to buy it. They'll get rebuilt at 50k since that is what Fox recommends.

May I ask why you say I can run top perch since I have a 2010? I did a ton of research on the truck but never did I find something saying I could go top perch easier than later models

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! As far as rebuild, it's not time. My 2010 only has 39k miles lol. Found an absolute gem of a truck and had to buy it. They'll get rebuilt at 50k since that is what Fox recommends.

May I ask why you say I can run top perch since I have a 2010? I did a ton of research on the truck but never did I find something saying I could go top perch easier than later models

The milage quote is a guide line, if your going in there just rebuild them, mine where shot at 20k on my 2010 that had hardly been off the pavement.

2012+ has a different front diff and casing that changes the angles of the CVs causing them to start to bind up when you to to top perch.