Mid perch now at stock height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember, the truck was almost level at mid perch with deaver+2 at the back. Noticed today that the front is now obviously lower...
I have:
12k winch+mounting plate = 100lb~120lb?
whipple supercharger = 120lb?

Floor to fender lip is now 40.5 inch; cap center to fender lip 24~24.25inch... Am I back to stock height? I want some height back! options??

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Top perch or maybe look into some of those Geiser Bros springs. What we're hearing is at mid perch they are a little higher than the stock springs.

Or, if you're ready to make the plunge, possibly look at upgrading to a 3.0 shock set up. They are pretty adjustable compared to the stock shocks.....

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Top perch or maybe look into some of those Geiser Bros springs. What we're hearing is at mid perch they are a little higher than the stock springs.

Or, if you're ready to make the plunge, possibly look at upgrading to a 3.0 shock set up. They are pretty adjustable compared to the stock shocks.....

Good luck!!!

Looked at geiser bros springs.. sold out

How's the comfort on 3.0? Heard they are not very good at that? I would like to have sth more comfortable on/off road than stock...

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the added mass up front is loading the front springs to bring it down. You need stiffer springs, and possibly a slight increase in dampening to dampen the added mass and stiffer springs. Going to Geiser springs will be a big help in returning your truck to original performance. OR, going to top perch with stock springs will set you back at optimal nominal ride height (equal to likely between low or mid perch with stock front end weight).

Going to 3.0 (Fox, King, Icon) will add dampening tuning and dampening capacity. It'll also get a slightly stiffer spring than stock. Again, you've got more mass up front, so a stiffer spring will feel like a stock weight front with stock spring likely - just an approximation guess though.

OP
OP
O

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with all the added weights, I think geiser spring on mid perch should be perfect. But cannot find them...

Top perch stock spring, some say too harsh?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looked at geiser bros springs.. sold out

How's the comfort on 3.0? Heard they are not very good at that? I would like to have sth more comfortable on/off road than stock...

What you have to remember if you go to top perch, that you have added weight to the front of the truck, so that is going to help with the harshness.

Depending on what brand of 3.0's you go with, they actually improve the ride. I went with Icon 3.0's. They are tunable. So I can run them at '0' on the highway and the ride is great! Off road, depending on what I am doing or where I am going, just turn them up. Ran off road for about 500 miles in Colorado, rocky, rough roads - had them set on about 7. Get back on the highway - turn them back down for that Cadillac ride.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20