Mid Perch Before and After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's right mines "bigger"..... We took that picture at my shop.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I don't think the ground was completely level, because Wheela's truck was on bottom then, but seems to sit the same as codys at mid

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
we can redo them sometime. I also noticed now with the rear bumper rack, my truck sits high in the back a little again. But if you have carried a tailgate with a step in it before, its easy to see why. Talk about a HEAVY gate.

EwanS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys - can i ask the question
Ive never heard of this perch mod before - what is it ? differing springs or combination of parts and springs etc ??
You guys in the US have some interesting terminology haha - I assume duck walking is actually axle ***** ??

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Fox shox have three settings and they come on the bottom setting from the factory. A lot of Raptor owners go up a notch to mid perch which levels out the truck and firms up the front end to improve off-road nose dive and gain a little more body clearance up front. 2012 and 2013s can't really get away with top perch (the highest setting on those shocks) because we run into problems with cv joints, etc. Everyone says mid perch is fine and the way to go, especially for off-road use.

genus727

Reaction score
The Fox shox have three settings and they come on the bottom setting from the factory. A lot of Raptor owners go up a notch to mid perch which levels out the truck and firms up the front end to improve off-road nose dive and gain a little more body clearance up front. 2012 and 2013s can't really get away with top perch (the highest setting on those shocks) because we run into problems with cv joints, etc. Everyone says mid perch is fine and the way to go, especially for off-road use.

Why are 2012 and 2013 trucks different when it comes to problems with CV joints?