Lowering the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you running the 1.5" Readylift block have you ran into any problems or has it been smooth sailing? I'm sick of the ass up look even at mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you running the 1.5" Readylift block have you ran into any problems or has it been smooth sailing? I'm sick of the ass up look even at mid.

I ran the Ready lift blocks for one year before I bought Deaver springs. I had no problems whatsoever with the product or install.

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the Ready lift blocks for one year before I bought Deaver springs. I had no problems whatsoever with the product or install.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! So you didn't have any problems with the stock shock bottoming before hitting the bumps?

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! So you didn't have any problems with the stock shock bottoming before hitting the bumps?

I never had a problem bottoming out the shocks before the stock bumps worked. The truck was used off road and carried weight as well, and the Ready Lift blocks were great!
My stock springs on the other hand eventually gave up (passenger side), so I bought the Deavers and the RPG bumpstop setup.
The Ready Lift blocks are an economical way to drop the Raptors rear.

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the 1.5" blocks this weekend. It dropped the rear 1" and it still has a rake to it but it's about the same as mid perch with the stock rear block. Ride is good maybe a touch firmer in the rear due to being deeper into the compression stroke. Here's a pic at stock perch.
5evugahe.jpg

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the 1.5" blocks this weekend. It dropped the rear 1" and it still has a rake to it but it's about the same as mid perch with the stock rear block. Ride is good maybe a touch firmer in the rear due to being deeper into the compression stroke. Here's a pic at stock perch.

Looks much better. I wish there was something to get it completely level without touching the front...

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear drop shackles will level the truck without touching the front. There is another thread with the same title as this one, maybe a mod can merge the two. It took me a minute to figure out why I couldn't find my post on the Ford Racing Rear Lowering Kit.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/lowering-rear-31770/index3.html

I read that earlier. So did you only do shackles? Also you said the new shackles dont look very robust? Are they less "robust" than the factory shackles? I don't plan on beating on the truck but I'd like to have a little peace of mind in case I do.