Lowering the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much would you recommend to drop the rear to level the truck if you did the middle perch mod for the front?

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the stock (lower) position on the front, and with my 1.25" drop my truck is pretty level. I would guess .75" drop would level a truck on the middle perch setting.

36vegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any concern with installing the rear shackles (Poly Performance) with pinon angle?

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering the same thing. I know the poly shackle kit is supposed to give you more travel as well as lower the back. This way there of no need to do the middle perch adjustment.

PuNk1nPo0p

Reaction score
The first thing I tried to get rid of the "face down ass up" factory position was adjusting the front to the middle perch. That alone just wasn't enough so I added the Synergy 1" drop shackles. Now I would call the truck leveled at best, but still didnt have the classic prerunner sag I personally enjoy so this weekend I installed the 2WD 1.5" blocks from Ready Lift. IMO its perfect now. The front sits at 42 1/4 inches, and the rear at 42".

Judge for yourself.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 2,501

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the oversprung or "ass-up" look.

However, I just wanted to chime in on a couple things. WSI has a great set of HD progressive leafs for just $1000. These will virtually eliminate wheel hopping. I know, I have them. Check here: products - White Star Industries

As for bump stop replacements, SDHQ has a reasonable and easy to install block for $185 here: Rear Raptor Bump Stop Mounts

I did a short write up on the bump stop blocks here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/sdhq-bump-stop-mount-install-20282/

SDHQ also has shackles. I don't have them, but WSI does and he has it paired with his springs and with some weight in the bed it sits under level. The shackles are here: Synergy Suspension 09-12 Ford F150 / Raptor Leveling Shackle

Here is a picture of my truck on mid perch with WSI leafs and no weight in the bed. IMAG0763_zps1b943b2d.jpg