Low perch to top perch to mid perch in 18 hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i took the truck into my local truck place to install the mid perch yesterday morning. After shooting the breeze with one of the employees while waiting for the alignment late yesterday afternoon he mentions that the truck is a good 2-3 inches higher now in the front. I asked if he did the mid like i had told them about 10 times. He said, hmmm, let me ask. Turns out that they did the top perch. They got it wrong and agreed to re-fix after I had to explain (from information that i have read 100 times here on this forum) that top perch is bad for the truck. By that time my truck was ready so they agreed to fix it to mid this morning. I drove the truck home last night and it was a different beast. Not sure if it was mental, but i thought it rode really bad. I think i was just really nervous i was going to screw it up. So today, i drop it off and picked it up with the mid. And i love the mid so far! Very noticeable difference in nose diving during braking. and i swear it rides better on the street. i cant wait to feel it off road soon.

I'm not sure there is any moral to this story other than do it yourself or maybe tell the folks doing it you want mid 11 times.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good job word. Mid is definitely it. Now just need to make sure ya get aligned. The Firestone in apex is a good place for a lifetime alignment for 200

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read this right before I went to pick my truck up from the dealer. I get there and its on top perch, all I could do was laugh. They are gonna redo it monday lol

OP
OP
worduck

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, what a coincidence! How do you like driving on top perch? I thought it was a little too rough. Mid is a good ride.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really new to truck suspensions and especially new to the Raptor, maybe this question is dumb, but if the top perch is not good, and the mid perch is better, wouldn't the bottom perch be best?

For street driving and casual off-road use whether it was launching a boat or driving down dirt roads, wouldn't the bottom perch offer better braking and comfort while driving?

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Duck, I had the same experience when I first went to the mid perch. Once I got my tires 'rod force' balanced it smoothed down.

Nick@ORWSD

Reaction score
I'm really new to truck suspensions and especially new to the Raptor, maybe this question is dumb, but if the top perch is not good, and the mid perch is better, wouldn't the bottom perch be best?

For street driving and casual off-road use whether it was launching a boat or driving down dirt roads, wouldn't the bottom perch offer better braking and comfort while driving?

In terms of ride quality, the ride is the smoothest on the stock bottom perch. Feels more spongy. Mid perch and Top perch are mainly for stance/height change reasons or tire clearance reasons. Mid perch IMO firms it up enough to give it a more "equalized" ride, and the nose won't dip while braking hard. Top perch is pretty stiff. Most people consider it bad. In reality, based on my experience- it's not a bad thing to do if you don't mind the stiffer ride. It's all subjective. Everyone likes their truck to ride differently, and is really a matter of perception. You may like it better on the bottom perch, and the next person likes the ride much better on the mid perch.