Long Travel Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Yes I do!!! It's actually Brenthel Industries...they're a legit company. Baja Kits is the name for the mid-travel kits they make. brenthelindustries.com take a look at the sick stuff they make...someday I will have a Trophy Truck from them...someday.

OP
OP
BentToast

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am a little suprsied you actually like this idea. The whole idea behind the Raptor is a factoy desert runner that you live with comfortably everyday, and play with on weekends. Putting a suspension kit on it completely ruins everything that make the Raptor what it is. After this is installed, the SVT Raptor is just a badge and some pre wired switches. Its better than slamming it and putting on big wheels, but barely.

IMHO

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a little suprsied you actually like this idea. The whole idea behind the Raptor is a factoy desert runner that you live with comfortably everyday, and play with on weekends. Putting a suspension kit on it completely ruins everything that make the Raptor what it is. After this is installed, the SVT Raptor is just a badge and some pre wired switches. Its better than slamming it and putting on big wheels, but barely.

IMHO

I disagree. He may be eliminating the "factory" part (suspension wise) but otherwise all he would be doing is making it an even better "desert runner"

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I see your point. I think the Raptor is a good starting point because I can still enjoy it without having to come up with all the money at once. If I bought a regular F150 I have to spend quite a bit to get it to this point...more than just buying the Raptor. It's definitely not something I'm going to run out and do in the next couple of months or even year but it is on the list of things I want to do. I don't really drive my truck for work pretty much on the weekends and around town so I'm not too worried about the everyday drivability...which is what makes the Raptor such an awesome vehicle. I'm sure when I start going balls to the wall with it I'll have another car and this will strictly be a play toy for the desert.

OP
OP
BentToast

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can kind of see where your coming from now, but you can build a decent F150 XLT for under 35k that leaves plenty for suspension. Since the truck isnt you daily driver, luxury isnt that important you could go even lower down the F150 model line or even just get a basic XL reg. cab model for 22k. I have made the argument many times that you cant build a Raptor for less, but if you just want a go fast off road truck that you trailer to spots, I think you can.

OP
OP
BentToast

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You think 16 inches is a lot of wheel travel? *******
wheels_fell_off_atv_oh_shit.jpg