Long Travel Input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cpatt12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have spoken to a few different manufacturers in the past few weeks and have learned some things, but now I'd like some feed back from the forum. Right now I'm waiting for SVC to bring out their 4wd LT kit as that one has peaked my interest after speaking with them. I have also read ntm's write up on breathel's LT kit front to back a few times, and it looks like a well put together kit too. Thanks in advance for your help!

dmarriott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not saying anything neg about others, but I've really enjoyed my RPG system. Very clean & bolts on for most part. Did bed cage with long travel shocks that go thru bed. I've beet the heck out of it & besides hub actuator having to be replace twice it's held up. Width & body roll defiantly move it closer than stock to Trophy truck road handling its not to bad but in the rough stuff where 35-45mph in stock form was on the edge of control your now 65-75 mph easy

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with SVC, H&M, or Brenthel's for LT kits. I'd go with whoever treats you best and works within your budget.

RPG's kit is pretty sweet. I don't consider it a LT kit as it only increase in travel is down travel. It's upside being that it's a bolt on kit vs the other kits.

Anyhow, good luck.

OP
OP
Cpatt12

Cpatt12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. The RPG kit Looks nice but , I'm not scared to cut and weld on much( raised in a fab shop) so I'm more then willing to scrap the buckets. Im looking for something with dual rate coilovers either 2.5 or 3.0. I tried to get in touch with outlaw about their LT but its been 4 weeks and I've got nothing back. Talked to SVC about the new 4wd system they plan to have out but they are saying they aren't going to be shipping it; It will be an in house install. Im on the east coast and don't really want to pay them to install when I could save myself the time and money by doing it in my shop.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. The RPG kit Looks nice but , I'm not scared to cut and weld on much( raised in a fab shop) so I'm more then willing to scrap the buckets. Im looking for something with dual rate coilovers either 2.5 or 3.0. I tried to get in touch with outlaw about their LT but its been 4 weeks and I've got nothing back. Talked to SVC about the new 4wd system they plan to have out but they are saying they aren't going to be shipping it; It will be an in house install. Im on the east coast and don't really want to pay them to install when I could save myself the time and money by doing it in my shop.

Dual rate coilovers don't really get you anywhere. They can actually make the ride worse unless you're running a 16" stroke shock. You don't have enough room with a 10" or 12" to give enough travel on the secondary rate, so it feels like you're driving around hitting your bumpstops repeatedly when it switches from the secondary to primary rate.
Add to that the weight that the raptor carries up front, and it becomes really fruitless.

If you're comfortable with building your own shock towers, which involves also determining the proper location for the shocks upper mounting points, the outlaw kit is great. The level of fab skills required is beyond most people though.

I know svc will be great, but you've ruled it out.

The mazulla would be the one I'd be most interested in, but it's 2wd, and you want 4wd.

The RPG I would rule out, as droop travel is great, but more bump is even better.

Brenthel has an evolved kit of the one I did out now. It uses 3" coilovers and bypasses, and they appear to have improved a bunch of features. That's probably going to be your most bang for the buck while retaining 4wd.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with @ntm. The Brenthel Kit is the one I am really considering, if not on my current truck, one in the future.

I have talked to the guys at Brenthel for a few months now, on a number of topics, and I walk away with knowing they did their home work, and have a good handle on things.

SVC is a great company too, but if I had to choose, I would choose Brenthel

OP
OP
Cpatt12

Cpatt12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Brenthels new kit is A dual rate with 10 inches of travel, I could be wrong though. I did not know that I would have to build the shock towers on the outlaw kit, I have yet to get a responce out of them after several tries. Thats good to know for sure. Id love to do the SVC kit if they would ship it to me I fell they are going to do they same thing outlaw has done and fab the shock towers in house. Thats the reason they would want to do the install

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Brenthels new kit is A dual rate with 10 inches of travel, I could be wrong though.

It's not a dual rate, it's a primary with a tender spring to keep the primary from being loose at full droop. Difference is that the tender spring does not support the weight of the vehicle, only takes up the slack in the primary. It's a good setup, when you hit full droop, you don't have the primary spring rate pushing the lower control arms down. It's easier on straps/components.

Last edited:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And just in case you need a little push, the time and expense is worth it.
The performance difference over a raptor with 3.0's is very dramatic. About the same as a stock non raptor f150 vs a raptor.