A little more protection can't hurt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently I saw that a local Raptor had it's rear shock mount torn off from some spirited driving, which got me to thinking about the rear end of these trucks again. I think two big failure points, at least in my view, are the spindles(knuckles) which I've now ordered from Rogue Racing and will be installed before TRR.

the second is the rear shock assembly mounts. For that I found this nifty setup from LGE/CTS - they are upper and lower shock mounts.

Raptor Products : Baja Raptor Upper and Lower Shock Mount Package | LGE*CTS Motorsports home of L&G Enterprises and Custom Truck Shop

they arrived this weekend and i decided to throw some paint on them before installing.

look at the nice welds:
IMG_0602_zpsa1240952.jpg

painting with some undercarriage paint:
IMG_0603_zps5b6faddd.jpg

i'm mounting these up next week, i'll post pics when they are installed. I'm hoping these will take the brunt of the TRR shale banging up against the rear shock mounts.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting approach. I think simply welding additional plate material to the weak areas would be stronger and cheaper, but they look pretty impressive for bolt on parts.

Is that Rustoleum Hammered Black? My favorite spray paint. :)

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thought about just welding on parts, but these have a very finished look about them. paid a little more to have someone already do the design work.

and yeah, Rustoleum, great stuff.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime I have my Raptor on the lift I can't help but notice how much the drive shaft hangs down and is expossed at the diffirential. I have not heard of any complaints about damage, but I sure looks vunerable...

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with adding some more beef to shock mounts :)

The reason there are no Pinion Skids for this vehicle is the lack of a pinion housing to bolt them to. The old Ford 9" has a nice strong pinion housing with a bolt on cover that you could put a skid on.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I still need to mount my uppers, any issues mounting them and what did you do

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I won these at Havoc and painted them with a rubberized spray also.

Hadn't got around to installing, because I don't see how to mount the uppers - looks like there is a cross piece in the way to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk