Lifted the front of the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
...with the perch adjustment on the Fox Shock. Just under 2 1/2" lift from my rough measurements on the middle perch. More than I expected and it looks pretty sweet. Going to head out somewhere Saturday to test it out. Maybe a Mojave river run?!?!?!? Will put more pics up tomorrow when I get the beast from alignment...I don't know what all this cost yet, not really sure I'm going to look.

CIMG0001.jpg

CIMG0006.jpg

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet B!

PLEASE do a comprehensive review on this. Your results and thoughts will probably decide this for me.

(PS: the running boards are off. SO much easier to get in and out of now. Thanks for pushing me on that :))

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
yes I was going to drive it w/out the alignment done but I want to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples. So Saturday I'm spending the day testing and see if th ground clearance and bottoming is improved. If you notice from the pics i've nailed the front end a couple times....hopefully this works and I can get a new skid plate made :)

I'll get a comprehensive review posted with more pics in the suspension section this wknd hopefully.

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you only had to move the perch in the front in order to level it out?

Do you mean the overall lift came out to 2 1/2" between front and back or just the front?

I was told because the spring turns the ride is a bit stiffer, do you find that as the case?

OP
OP
bstoner59

bstoner59

Reaction score
So you only had to move the perch in the front in order to level it out?

Do you mean the overall lift came out to 2 1/2" between front and back or just the front?

I was told because the spring turns the ride is a bit stiffer, do you find that as the case?

Yes the blue perch on the bottom of the shock shaft gets moved up to the middle position (set at the lowest from the factory). You need to compress the spring move the perch and set the spring back on the perch. This does adjust the preload making the ride a little more firm.

I measured from the bottom of my light bar and I got just under 2 1/2" at that point. The front sits just a hair lower than the rear.

I just drove it a coupe miles to get the alignment done:

The suspension is a little more firm but not stiff. No jarring feel...just more firm. Feels more balanced than before...the rear always felt stiff and the front soft. The dive under braking is a lot less
One thing to note: I removed my sway bar and the added firmness has removed a lot of the sway I would get in the turns.