Leveling kit and top perch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found some time to take some pics today. Yeah, the truck is a little dirty, but it's a f@ckin Raptor, it should be, right? I think my front bumper (or lack there of) gives the truck a more nose high look at some angles. To me, that's the way I want it. I'm only being able to upload one pic at a time, so I'll do a couple postings with one pic each. Let me know what you guys think???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be my favorite pic of the group

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LekRap, I would say yours looks about as close to level as I have seen. Nice work!

Here is a comparison of yours on the top, my current setup in the middle, and stinkbug-stock on the bottom. For those of you just tuning in, LekRap is running mid perch, a 1" rear drop shackle and a smaller 1.5" block. Mine is at bottom (stock) perch with a 1-3/4" rear drop shackle.

Attachments

• Compare.jpg
    Compare.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 142

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wolf and Mudblood

Thank you Wolf and Mudblood. I appreciate the kind words. I am very happy with the rear height...I will admit that I have a semi-obsession the past few weeks about having the truck NEVER at any angle looking high in the back. There are some angles where I look pretty nose high, but that is the look I like. Just yesterday, I parked on the side of the street and whatever angle it was at, it looked probably 2 inches lower in the back. But then the next place I parked, I looked and thought, that's perfectly level! I just say this as a disclaimer...I'm not saying my setup would be perfect for everyone, but it is for me (and originally my goal was to help Mudblood out) and just give people other ideas and options.

I realize that for serious off-roading, my ass would be dragging. I did some decent off-roading yesterday and was happy, but for serious high speed desert stuff, I'd realistically have to take it back up some.

Also, reagarding Wolf's truck. I really like the stance for a more stock style truck. I don't really know if a completely stock looking truck would look best with the stance of my truck. My obsession started with the stance once I got the skid plate/bumper, aftermarket Method wheels, and painted the fenders. I felt that those things gave the truck a more customized look and I wanted a more customized stance...if that makes sense.

I think Wolf truck looks right for a "stock appearing truck". It's subtle and most people looking at it probably wouldn't realize anything had been done, but would probably say that truck looks nicer for some reason! Also, for payload, you still have some room so that you are not sagging like crazy. I don't tow much at all, but I'm sure my truck would sag like crazy and look pretty absurd towing anything with any decent weight.

Just things to consider. I know I'm a little overboard about this, but it seems like the right thread to be that way and hoping I can help give some ideas to people.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So folks say the ride on top perch is way to harsh and stiff both on road and off. What say you as to your ride feeling on road and off?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mudblood,

I can't speak too much about top perch from personal experience but I can tell you what Ive heard and what Id assume from the difference from bottom to mid-perch. From what Ive heard, the newer years (2012, 13 and 14) DEFINITELY should NOT go up to top-perch. I don't know the exact technical reasons but on the newer years it seems to put a lot of stress on your cv joints other components. I have only heard bad experiences.

Also, from my experience of going from bottom to mid-perch...the ride was stiffened up a decent bit. If top perch has the same effect, it would not be a comfortable on-road ride at all.

Last edited: