Leafs or bumpstops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timbo

Reaction score
What's better to get first, the SVC bumpstop kit, or the deaver leaf springs?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would go with the bump stop kit first. that way your frame is protected. the bump stop will do more good offroad protection than springs i think. you can always add springs later. i have a bump stop kit and oem springs still, and i have used every bit of the bump stop

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do leafs first, you'll bump the frame a lot as new leafs are a fair bit softer. Do bumpstops first, then leafs, if not both at the same time.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another vote for bump stops first. Bump stops were one of the first modifications I did to the truck for protection. That said, I just picked up a set of leaf springs last weekend and will be installing them soon.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's better to get first, the SVC bumpstop kit, or the deaver leaf springs?

What year is your truck? I believe that later year raptors have a slightly stronger frame. Don't get me wrong, if someone is really going to beat on the truck, I would suggest a bump stop kit regardless of year.

With that said though, I have a 2014 and have deaver +2's and have not done bump stops yet and don't know if I really ever will. I enjoy moderate off roading but can't see needing the bump stop kit. I might be playing with fire here, but I'm ok with it. I do have the $100 SDHQ frame support kit (whatever that is worth). I would do it the same way again, but that's just me.

Last edited:

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did Havoc with my truck.

It has the WSI Heavy Duty leafs in the back. I did not hit the stock bumps in the back but I did get the front tires to buzz the fender flares.

Unless you go stiffer on the springs then get the bumps first.