leaf spring squeak revisited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRexCullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So a few months back I was complaining about a nasty squeak in my rear suspension. Thanks to the guys here I found out it was the anti-friction pads (in between every leaf). So I greased it up with some white lithium. It helped for a couple months. Then came back and stayed, with or without grease.

So I took her to ford. They told me what I already knew. "It's your leaf spring pads". They ordered new parts for me and just got them replaced today.

****** thing is nothing has changed. Squeak is still there just as bad but not worse. The only thing I have left to try is clean the f*ck out of the leafs. But on the other hand I've made my peace with the squeak lol.

So long story short I still have no remedy I just thought I'd share this with you all.

It does however give me an excuse to buy a sub setup :peace:

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definately check tailgate... I noticed after TRR that my bed at the tailgate (taillight area) the gap has opened up at the top of the bed. This is causing some squeaking..

-Greg

OP
OP
RaptorRexCullen

RaptorRexCullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that you mention it I did check my tailgate once. I found one squeak on the....bushing??....thing that the gate grabs onto on the truck. On the top end beside the taillight. Might be the same thing your talking about GJMcManus.

Ill go back to it and see if it wants some grease too.

M1919A2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CorrosionX HD. Check out the website and get some and all your squeaks go away as does my incessant WHINING!

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spring bushings

Has anyone tried to replace the rear spring bushing with poly or poly graphite bushings to eliminate the squeak. Are the spring bushings the same as a f150

atx

Reaction score
I've been dealing with this same problem since a couple months after buying mine. Initially the dealership just tried lubercating the spring with no success. Then they replaced the entire springs and it quite for a while but eventually came back. They dealership has talked to the field service engineers and they don't know anything either. Finially they told me to call the ford customer hotline and make a complaint and they would start a investigation into the problem. Well after a lot of back and forth the people at the hotline have just quoted me some page from the online owners manual saying that I need clean it after every time offroading. I told them that I've done that and it doesn't solve anything. So now they are just saying its an offroad truck and it's going to makes noise, I told them that was unexceptible.

My next step I quess is to get replacement leaf springs. There is a guy in the city I live in that makes custom leaf springs and has been doing so for 40+ plus years. So I'm going to have him make me a set. I'll let yall know if it solves it or not.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
use a different grease. i use a multi-complex hi temp grease (it's red). clean the springs well...then grease the crap out of the pads. if no luck there's no way it's the springs!