King/Icon Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UncleDuck

Reaction score
I am potentially going to buy a 2012 or 2013 Raptor soon. The first thing I plan to do is either rebuild the OEM FOX 2.5's or potentially put down some cash for King/Icon front and rears.

I have read from other threads that the FOX shocks need to be rebuilt about every 50K miles (for 100% street use). I have read some people have run them longer.

I cannot find any info about mileage for rebuilding King/Icon shocks. Do these need to be rebuilt at specific intervals as well? I wouldn't mind spending $5K on upgraded suspension if it means reducing the amount of times the OEM shocks need to be rebuilt.

-Jason

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any aftermarket shock, Fox, king, icon will all have recommended 50k ish service intervals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colear3

Reaction score
Ditto ^ that's like buying tires; most will go 40k-50k miles before replacing them. With these shocks, you just need to rebuild them by getting new fittings and juice inside. As far as brands go, most people like King then ICON then Fox. I have stock OEM 2.5" shocks, so I can't say which one is best. A lot of people love ICON for their adjustability front AND rear whenever you want; twist that knob at the top if you want a smoother ride and adjust before you go off-roading. I'll likely go the ICON route when my raptor hits 50k. I'm not an expert; total novice here, but that's what I've gathered from my research. I'm going ICON because it's my daily driver.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

What I have found when you upgrade your suspension and off-road you will tend to push harder because you can. Having to get shocks rebuilt depends greatly on how you use them so 50k miles is just a rough average number. Off-roading changes all that.

Be more than happy to have the opportunity to get you a quote. Got ICONs at a competitive pricing right now. Or whenever you are ready, I will be here.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I have found when you upgrade your suspension and off-road you will tend to push harder because you can. Having to get shocks rebuilt depends greatly on how you use them so 50k miles is just a rough average number. Off-roading changes all that.

Be more than happy to have the opportunity to get you a quote. Got ICONs at a competitive pricing right now. Or whenever you are ready, I will be here.

Just sent you an email about the Icons. Going to order some in the next couple months.